What Are The Best Dandelion Killer 2019?
Best Dandelion Killer
Spring is an exciting time of year for many people. Warmer temperatures, increased sunlight and nurturing rains bring trees and flowers into bloom. Lawns regain their lush green color as grasses of all kinds begin a new growing season. Unfortunately, many weeds begin to flourish at this time of year as well.
Dandelions are notoriously aggressive in the early spring, pock-marking otherwise pristine lawns with their rapidly growing flowers. While organic products are on the rise, none seem to be as effective at eradicating dandelions as conventional weed killer sprays.
This article will present three of the top selling dandelion killers, revealing the pros and cons of each so that you can decide which herbicide is right for you.
This comparison table of best dandelion killers:
|Southern Ag 2, 4 – D Amine Weed Killer, 1 Quart||
||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer for Lawn Concentrate, 16-Ounce||
||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate, 1-Gallon||
||CHECK ON AMAZON|
You can quick check my list here and read review later:
- Southern Ag 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer Selective Broadleaf Weed Control, 32oz – 1 Quart
- Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer for Lawn Concentrate, 16-Ounce
- Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate, 1-Gallon
1. Southern Ag 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer Selective Broadleaf Weed Control, 32oz – 1 Quart
With over 70 years of experience, Southern Ag is one of the most reliable brands for industrial strength insecticides and herbicides. The 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer is the latest formula designed to eliminate broadleaf weeds in large areas.
Ideal for lawns, pastureland, fence lines and even recreational areas, this product is easy to mix, requiring only 2-3 tablespoons of concentrate per 3-5 gallons of water. A 5 gallon solution can effectively eliminate weeds in a 1,000 sq. ft. area. Apply with a garden hose attachment or a spray kit. Overall, this formula is one of the best available, due to the wide range of broadleaf and other weeds that it effectively kills.
Anyone with large areas of grass would do well to use Southern Ag 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer. The 1 quart size can provide enough concentrate to cover as much as 1 acre of ground. Another plus is that the solution is perfectly safe for any grass, making it an ideal choice for recreational areas such as parks, golf courses, ornamental gardens and the like.
Pros of Southern Ag 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer include:
- Safe on all grasses
- Strong concentrate means a little goes a long way
- Destroys a wide range of broadleaf and other weeds
- Easy to apply
- Kills dandelions without fail
- With a rating of 4.2 stars out of 5, from over 380 customer reviews, this product has been very well received
Cons of Southern Ag 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer include:
- Requires multiple treatments for badly infested areas
- Is less effective against some clovers and other ground covers
- Not effective against many wild flowers
2. Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer for Lawn Concentrate, 16-Ounce
As a brand of Scotts Miracle-Gro, Ortho enjoys the fruits of over 150 years of innovation and experience. Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed 16-Ounce is the latest version of herbicide designed to eliminate invasive species of weeds, groundcover and wild flowers that would destroy the beauty of a well kept lawn.
This formula is guaranteed to destroy weeds completely, root and all. Perhaps the greatest feature of this product is that it eliminates wild flowers and ground creepers that other broadleaf formulas fail to address.
Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed 16-Ounce is ideal for homeowners or anyone with a small lawn or grassy area. Capable of covering 3,200 sq. ft. a single bottle can cover many small lawns with a single application.
Additionally, with the Ortho hose adapter you can simply attach this bottle to your garden hose and use without having to mix or dilute the formula. Safe on all domestic grasses, this product is guaranteed to rid a lawn of all unwanted weeds and ground covers while leaving the grass healthy and strong.
Pros of Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed 16-Ounce include:
- Safe on all domestic grasses
- Easy to use with sprayer or garden hose adapter
- Small size ideal for small lawns
- Will become resistant to rain in only 6 hours
- Kills small leaf weeds untouched by many broadleaf herbicides
- Very effective against dandelions
- With a rating of 3.6 stars out of 5, from over 270 customer reviews, this product has been fairly well received
Cons of Ortho Weed B Gon 16-Ounce include:
- Some customers complained that this formula was relatively ineffective against ground violets
- Will kill ivy when it comes into contact
- Requires multiple applications in heavily infested areas
- Small size not adequate for larger lawns
3. Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate, 1-Gallon
Weed B Gon Weed Killer 1-Gallon is Ortho’s answer to all-out weed control. Designed to eliminate over 250 different species of weeds, ground covers and other unwanted plants, this formula will restore any lawn or grassy area to pristine condition in almost no time.
One of the greatest features of this product is that results can be seen within hours of application. Additionally, this formula is capable of being rainproof in only 1 hour, far sooner than just about any other herbicide available.
This version of Weed B Gon is the perfect choice for anyone with large patches of grass that need serious weed control. The wide range of weeds covered by this formula means it will deliver results no matter what invasive plants are threatening your grass.
Furthermore, with a total application area of 64,000 sq. ft., this option is perfect for both private and commercial use. Parks, recreational areas, large yards and even golf courses can be treated with Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer 1-Gallon.
Pros of Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer 1-Gallon include:
- Capable of killing over 250 weeds and other invasive plants
- Easy to use with hose adapter or spray bottle kit
- Rainproof in 1 hour
- Fast results
- Deadly on dandelions
- With a rating of 3.6 stars out of 5, from over 430 reviews, this product has been fairly well received
Cons of Ortho Weed B Gon Weed Killer 1-Gallon include:
- May require multiple applications for heavily infested areas
- Doesn’t kill all clovers
- Can kill grass after multiple applications
With positive customer reviews and a wide range of benefits, each of these herbicides is an effective option when it comes to killing dandelions.
- Southern Ag 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer is an ideal choice for anyone with large grassy areas that need heavy duty treatment.
- Ortho’s Weed B Gon Chickweed 16-Ounce is perhaps the best choice for anyone with a small yard, or in the event that only a small patch of grass needs to be treated.
- Finally, Ortho’s Weed B Gon Weed Killer 1-Gallon is a great option for large grassy areas, offering fast results and easy application with a hose adapter or spray kit. No matter what your needs, these three options are guaranteed to eradicate those unwanted dandelions!